Monday, November 8, 2010

It Was a Great Roadtrip!

This past weekend, my daughter, my youngest brother's fiance' and I too a road trip from Ohio to Connecticut.  We left after I finished work on Friday and arrived at 5:40 a.m. Saturday morning.  Ed's fiance' & I had some really cool conversations (and some completely goofy conversations, too).  Natasha slept most of the way out. 

After a few hours of rest (I couldn't sleep), we went for lunch at Shady Glen.  The cheeseburgers are amazing.  There are photos and an explanation on line.  I am not going to try to explain it here.  Natasha & I went to the neighboring hotel and I went in to get a room.  I failed to explain to the innkeeper that I needed a room with two beds.  He made the assumption that the two people were to sleep in one bed.  When I went back and explained that I was traveling with my daughter, he switched our room.  Sleep came easily that afternoon.


We had wanted to visit Mark Twain's home, but we were still too tired.  When we finally got up, we went bowling, ate pizza, and went back to Ed's room to watch Zombieland and drink a bit.  The extra hour of sleep on Saturday night was so wonderful. 

Beth did a little driving on the way back so I could look around a little instead of watching the road.  I got to see the Hudson River on the way out of Connecticut. After all the lunch meat & cheese I bought, we ate one meal out of it.  Next time, I think I will have the sandwiches made up ahead of time and add the condiments as we go.  We arrived at my parents' house at 1:30 a.m. and dropped Beth off.  Natasha & I continued home and arrived at 2:00 a.m. My bed felt really good.

We are already planning to do another road trip.  We haven't decided where or when, but this weekend was a lot of fun, so we are going to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment